On the first day of Crystal Couture, my sister and I braved the bad weather to hit up one of the D.C. area's most talked-about fashion shows and high-end bargain pop-up shops.
This was my first year attending the show, and the event did not disappoint. I like to keep things short and sweet, so I'm going to let you in on my five reasons you should totally go this year.
1. It's free. I mean, do you really need another reason?
2. It's a chance to find a new BFF / meet local designers. I had SUCH a blast meeting people who designed the clothes I coveted and hearing about what inspired them for their collections.
3. To shop. This one is totally obvious, but don't let the term 'designer' shy you away. There are so many discounts you get just by attending and many pieces are within an average girl's budget.
4. To discover upcoming trends. Chic and structured pieces are hitting the runway hard, as are pastels, bright colors and bold prints. Check these out first hand by watching the models strut down the square runway (so no matter where you are, you have a great view). Plus, with a new show every 15 minutes, you'll get to see a super wide variety of what's coming up for 2014.
5. To take advantage of their awesome photo booth. I don't really need to explain this one, except to say that the OnomonoMEDIA photobooth can print your high-res image and you can also email it to yourself or post directly to your social media page. See mine below (and please note how mature I am.)