Guess what, guys?! SUNDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! Part of me hates birthdays because all the attention is on you, but I also love presents, eating good food, and seeing friends.
To celebrate, I'm sharing 26 Things You Probably Don't Know About Julien (Me!)
1. When I was three, can you guess what I asked my grandparents for? Not dolls, not stuffed animals - noodles. I asked for noodles. I am still as obsessed with them today as I was back then.
2. Not to brag, but I’m pretty awesome at basketball. I played in middle and high school - where my power forwards at?
3. I have a very real fear of spiders, heights, dark places and missing out on a sale.
4. I’m a very spiritual person. I help lead our church’s praise team and social media feeds, and always willing to pray with/for someone. If something’s on your heart, shoot me an email and I’m happy to keep it in my prayers.
5. My first kiss was at the ripe age of 18 with my now-hubby...on my dad's birthday...
6. My wedding featured on the Washingtonian website!
7. I’ve traveled to Fiji, Italy, Greece, Mexico, Canada, Bahamas and across the US. I'm obsessed with visiting new places and experience new cultures.
8. When I was 12 (almost 13), my family road-tripped across the US stopping at every National Park along the way, which I hated at the time, but can really appreciate it now that I’m older.
9. I can neither ski or wakeboard. My husband, who’s wildly athletic, can do both. I skied for the second time in my life down an intermediate trail, falling every 2 minutes and basically sobbed/rolled my way down to the bottom.
10. I'm a coffee snob. I broke my coffee maker kettle two years ago and haven't looked back since. We know only use our espresso machine, chemex, high-end grinder, gold-played filter and have a craft coffee subscription.
11. I'm a JMU alum #godukes!
12. I have one younger sister, Stephanie, with infinite amounts of beauty.
13. I used to drive sporty cars (BMW and WRX) but after 3 tickets, opted for a Subaru forester.
14. I spent my 13th birthday at Mount Rushmore, because that's where every 13-year-old wants to spend their birthday...
15. I used to develop my own black and white film in my dad's basement when I was in middle school and have been hooked on photography ever since.
16. I've been a vegetarian since I was 9, but no one else in my family is. For all the haters: VEGETARIANS ARE PEOPLE TOO!
17. In 5th grade, my friends and I made up a rap (Colors, Colors) and performed it for our class.
18. I hate riding the metro (what, you mean I'm not the only one?!)
19. I started out as pre-med in college, but quickly learned that it wasn't where my talents laid. Comm was a MUCH better fit.
20. I once did a segment on NBC Washington about what to do with your kids on a rainy day (a card crafting marathon, of course!)
21. During my short waitressing stint at Clyde's one summer, I was the worst waitress that ever was.
22. I once snuck backstage to meet a Christian singer ("are you here for the Toby Mac meet-and-greet?" "why yes, of course we are....")
23. My wedding flowers were so cheap - I got them from Wegmans! My dress on the other hand…
24. We just bought bikes!! Who wants to go riding? #byebyethunderthighs
25. I got voted Loudest for my senior superlative. I’ve been told that people can hear me before they see me…
26. I can’t wait to have kids. And by can’t wait, I mean I can TOTALLY wait 5 more years, but I’m so excited for that moment to happen.